Hands-on, face-to-face workshops are led by iEARN Trainers with years of experience, who work with participants to design workshops that meet their particular needs and interests.
iEARN workshops focus on:
- Developing project-based curricula that integrate national educational standards and integrate 21st century learning skills;
- Addressing how specific technology-based project work meets the curriculum and classroom teaching needs of each participating member;
- Building the skills needed to engage in collaborative activities, such as peer review, team-building, joining regional and international learning communities, computer access scheduling;
- Identifying and introducing connective technologies that are appropriate for the technology situation of the participating educators, such as secure WWW-based forums, global exchanges of art, photographs and other graphic images, videoconferencing, and chatting in a safe environment;
- Creating specific international links with individual educators in other countries with whom to work on age-appropriate online collaborative projects; and
- Exploring after school and student club options for online project-based learning
For more information about scheduling an iEARN workshop, please contact us by phone at 212-870-2693 or at workshops [at] us.iearn.org.